HYDROVOLT seeks an ambitious and forward leaning CFO
As part of Hydrovolt, you will join an exciting industrial start-up with strong owners and high ambitions. The European battery industry is on the rise and Norway is one of the key markets with its world leading share of electric vehicles. In 2022 Hydrovolt open the first recycling facility in Europe which will raise the bar and change the battery recycling industry forever. We now seek to build a world class team of people who is inspired by change, innovation, and circularity.
As CFO you will lead and be responsible for our financial activities. You will have an important role in the development of the company and be given the opportunity to build a strong financial team in one of the most exciting and fast growing industries today.
The position is based in Oslo, travels are expected.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Driving the company’s financial planning
- Responsible for the company’s finance structure & function
- Forecasts, budgets and reports
- Management of information systems and financial systems
- Create action plans to meet annual financial targets
- Ensure fast and accurate invoicing and payment
- Profitability and valuation models
- Liquidity management
- Strategic measures and operating models
- Focus on revenue growth, cost efficiency and profitability.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Attend board meetings prepare reports to the board
- Annual accounts, tax reporting, financial and accounting systems, as well as processes and controls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Review contracts / legal documents, support in negotiations
We are looking for you with background in finance and is capable to think and plan globally. It’s key that you have strong knowledge in international finance and will contribute to build Hydrovolt to become a key player in Europe. As CFO you will work close to our CEO and the board of the company.
- Financial degree at MSc/MBA level
- Fluid wording and writing in English
- Good wording and writing in German is preferred
- Management experience
- Solid fiannce background with high interest in numbers
- Experience with business development
- Experience of working at the interface in finance, business development and market
- Experience with raising capital
- Top class IT knowledge in financial systems and experience with MS Office
- Interest in sustainable development, environment and climate.
- Solid analytical properties
- Results-oriented and ability for strategic thinking
- Team player
- High work capacity and ability to work under pressure
- Good at prioritizing
- Proactive and ambitious
- Confidence-building and outgoing
- Good at communicating and involving others
- Good macro perspective understanding and a good overview
- Positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to achieve results
- Unique opportunity to be part of and build a new company with solid owners in one of Europe’s most exciting and innovative industries
- An independent position with great potential for influence and development
- Competitive conditions
The world needs clean batteries, and we need a plan for what to do with them end-of life. We need to recover the materials and use them in new batteries or other products – and not produce waste.
Northvolt the Swedish battery manufacturer, and Hydro the energy and aluminum producer from Norway, have now come together to create the joint venture Hydrovolt, which is building one of Europe’s largest electric car battery recycling facilities in Fredrikstad, Norway.
Hydrovolt will be able to recycle the entire Norwegian volume but will also collect batteries from Sweden and other parts of Europe. We also plan to recycle other types of batteries, including from electric ferries, ships and ESS. At the start, the plant will be able to handle more than 8,000 tons of battery modules – so about 23,000 EV batteries per year. We begin in Norway, but we are expanding our service and operations in Europe.
If you are the one we are looking for to this important position and have the necessary desire to build and together be the change with us contact our CEO Peter Qvarfordt on firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 730 63 11 27 for more information.